Recently one of our team members has starting looping with Bubble and we wanted to share it:
Diabetes is a beautiful journey and thank God for the diabetes community who developed projects like Nightscout, Loop and FreeAPS, (and of course Bubble Mini and DiaBox) with those, you will be able to build an Artificial Pancreas project for the management of your glucose levels. All of those are highly experimental and are not recommended by the FDA (and many companies and health care specialists), DO IT UNDER YOUR OWN RISK!
To talk about Loop is a huge think so we recommend you to visit the Looping and Learn website and join the Facebook Groups of Loop and Learn before finishing reading this post.
After you know a little more about what Loop is and how it works! We can share with you that if you are an insulin pump user (compatible) or an Omnipod user you can finish your project if you use the circle FSL CGM and a Bubble mini.
Here are the steps to follow:
- You will need the compatible CGM with Bubble Mini
- A Bubble Mini www.bubblan.org – Bubblan.org – Bubblan.org – Libre CGM
- DiaBox app (from which you will get the URL internal server to get glucose data into FreeAPS Loop App)
-Android users can get DiaBox from Google Play Store
-iOS users will have to build DiaBox https://stage.bubblan.org/setup/ at an Apple Developer Account (we recommend to use the paid version).
4. Compatible pump or Omnipod see here: https://www.loopandlearn.org/sl-pump-cgm/
5. A RileyLink (compatible with your device) https://getrileylink.org/
6. To develop FreeAPS https://www.loopandlearn.org/sl-build/
7. To join support groups if you get stuck https://www.loopandlearn.org/sl-support/
Remember this is a DIY (Do It Yourself) project, no one is financially remunerated for its labour and you will not pay anyone to develop something you can and must do by yourself (it will be the best investment of your time dedicated to diabetes, you will get a result which is going to satisfy highly. 😉
- Artificial Pancreas Book,Dana M. Lewis: https://www.artificialpancreasbook.com/
- Think Like a Pancreas, Gary Scheiner: https://www.amazon.com.mx/Think-Like-Pancreas-Practical-Managing/dp/0738246689
- Loop Docs: https://loopkit.github.io/loopdocs/
- Loop and Learn Site: https://www.loopandlearn.org/starting-loop/