We want to send a special hug and a big congratulation to all of those kids living with Type 1 Diabetes! You all are warriors!
There are many many kids worldwide living with this new lifestyle! If you are a friend or a parent of a Type 1 kiddo we want you to know you all are not alone!
We have prepared some tips ad bits of advice:
- Embracing the new daily life: Injections, Pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitors, Finger Pinch, Healthy Food will give the children a superpower over other kids because they will adopt at an early age new healthy habits
- Sharing: Please don’t be shame about living with Diabetes! Select a trustful group of people or seek some more parents of kids in social media, this can be really helpful in emergencies or vulnerable situations! And hey! Try to network worldwide!
- Don’t Panic!: We know sometimes it’s difficult not to panic! We recommend you to study a lot about Diabetes and you will get all the tips and information you need to feel safe and calm!
- Try to introduce new ways to manage Diabetes through technology: 15 years ago a Bubble and DiaBox App were a dream beyond the Moon! We invite you to try Continuous Glucose Monitoring and learn more about how Blood Sugar behaves.
- Get a super cool doctor!: If the kid is not happy with the doctor, or you as parents, we recommend seeking a new one, trusts us! This will be a super long relationship and you want it to work!
Please share your comments and doubts and we will be happy to help!